16

Goofy Childhood Tales

Posted by SMM on 18:59
Pal had tagged us to tell tales of the goofy things we did as kids. I'v done loads, but I'm going to have censor some.
  • When my dad would return home, I would take  his big heavy white uniform shoes in two hands and bring him his slippers. If I couldn't find the slippers, I used to tug the slippers off my mom's feet and take them to him 
  • In Vizag, there was this particular road in the colony which had a steep valley and was the favourite spot for all of us kids to cycle. Two of us used to come down the two slopes from opposite ends with legs in the air straight at each other. The one who swerved first was the one who lost. Onetime, both of us did not swerve, and we banged into each other damaging our cycles and falling into the barbed wire on the side. I ended up getting stitches on my knee 
  • I was so excited the first time I got homework from school that I woke my dad up the next day to take me to school early since I had completed it :P
  • Perk is my favourite chocolate. Even jumped jumped from the first floor balcony during a vella summer vacation and won a bet for 9 perks. Also broke my ankle.  Had to wear plaster for a good 4 weeks in the Calcutta summers.
  • I was all set to travel from Bombay to Calcutta on the truck taking our furniture, car etc. when we got transferred till my dad yelled at me to get off the truck
  • My friend and I would hide our Mills & Boons behind our textbooks and read during class. One time the teacher got suspicious and asked us what we were reading, so S gave sme vague answer. Then the teacher asked us which page we were on. S confidently replied "Pg. 79." The teacher quietely says the class is on Pg. 84. Immediately S looks at me and says "Mam, what to do? SMM is such a slow reader." (Okay this was probably not goofy but definitely funny in hindsight)
  • I started writing a school series inspired by Malory Towers and St. Clairs. Yet to complete it. I wanted to be the next Enid Blyton.
  • After every class, we used to have a prize giving ceremony at home
  • I still insist on  two gifts from my parents. My logic being I get them 2 gifts, so they can't  cheat and give me only 1 gift :P
I don't name anyone specifically to do this tag. If you want to do it, go ahead and do it and tell me that you have done it please. I wanna read your goofy tales too :) 

16 Comments


hey tht was such a cute post....replete with memories from childhood!! :P :)


SMM...
I can totally identify with reading M&B's in class.. we used to sit in the library ,where all the "good books" were kept and read aloud to a gang..I wanted to grow up to be enid blyton too or atleast attend school at malory towers ( loved their final year)


Hot new pic of ya SMM! u hv lost weight, believe me or not!


**My friend and I would hide our Mills & Boons behind our textbooks and read during class.

OMG I used to do that too lol!


**Enid Blyton

was one of my childhood favs when it came to authors!


Keshi.


Hey Ria....cute pic. Why don't you do it too and tell us about some goofy things you did as a kid


Hey Anu...I think almost everyone has at some point in time or the other hid an MB/ comic inside their textbooks and read.

Maybe we can get together and write our own series and be the next Enid Blyton. What say?


Oh thanks Keshi. Guess the exercise and non junk food diet is working :D

*Fluttering eyelids in delight and off to check her weight*

Like I just told Anu, I think at some point or the other all of us have read MBs hidden inside the textbooks :)

As fo Enid Blyton, she is the sole cause of my wearign glasses oday. I used to gide under the covers and read with the torch after the lights were switched off :P


hahaha! i knew you would be this naughty. :-)


LOL! That was fun!! Jumping off the 1st flr for Perk. What a tomboy!! Obviously, you had a very eventful childhood!! Thanks for taking up the tag, SMM. Funny reading about your goofy stuff :-)


Cute post!!!! I used to hide books under the desk and pretend to study but be reading them.


yes, u really hv lost weight..I cud see it :) yeyyyyy!

Keshi.


Utopia...you probably heard quite a few of them first-hand. I'm pretty sure you heard about the jump at least. this was b/w 8th & 9th ka vacation :P


Pallavi, I was THE tomboy. I refused to wear frocks and skirts. I used to hate playing with dolls. I used to mutilate all the Barbies that I have ever received.Today i wonder how my parents coped with me. No wonder they got me hoked onto reading - gave them a few minutes of peace at least :P


Thanks Abby :)

I think we'v all done variations f reading the book inside the textbook/ under the desk stuff :P


Thanks Keshi :)

Keep saying such stuff. Your really great for my confidence :)


That was fun. I had to go google Mills and Boon to understand that one. Was much funnier after I did. I have to think about whether I have any goofy childhood stories. Most of what I remember from my childhood is kind of gloomy. I know that there ARE goofy stories, though, since I'm a pretty goofy person.


Raven...you had to google Mills & Boon? Didn't you have them when you were younger? have you never read one. Oh Raven your missing out on one of the joys in life, you have to read it.

Please do a tag on your childhood tales. That would be fun to read. Think about all the good times of your childhood and tell us about them . It would be fun for you and for all of us too

Copyright © 2009 Title Intentionally Left Bank All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.