16

I almost got picked up for Shoplifting

Posted by SMM on 14:09
Well I'v had an eventful weekend. Whole day at work on Saturday. Then a party that evening where Arjun & MY friend inter se decided that we should stay the night and enjoy rather than put our lives at risk and return home to Gurgaon from NOIDA at some odd hour. Well nice plan. Would have been even nicer if I'd known about it and had carried along my lens solution and case.
Anyway we left from there the next morning, rather noon, picked up an old college friend of mine who was in Delhi for the weekend and went home. It's really nice when old friends come over. We'v seen each other through so much shit and messy rooms and empty pockets that well...it's nice to catch up. I also caught up with another old friend who brought his new girlfriend over to my friend's place at NOIDA at 1 am to meet me for about 15 minutes (I threatened to issue a fatwa if he didn't come meet me). I was really happy to see them and even happier to see that my friend (who broke up about a year back from a relationship of 5 years and didn't really take it too well) has now moved on. He's lost weight, cut down on the booze, become a major workaholic and well...things going good for him now :)

So my other friend (the one who had come over - we were all in college together) came, we chatted, caught up, had great fun, had a nice sumptious tandoori chicken n burra kebab lunch. 
Anyway so now comes the part where I almost got picked up for shoplifting. Arjun took me out for dinner & shopping to a mall near our house (he abandons me to go sit in the bookshop/ electronics store while I do my shopping and when I'm done we got eat). So the lovely lady that I am had dressed in a hurry in a top which I was not in the mood to wear. I had worn a simple blue top and was in the mood for something more flamboyant. I walked into a shop and fell in love with a lovely flowy maroon top which I tried on. It fit me and my mood perfectly. So I decided to wear that only and asked the saleswoman to pack what I had been wearing since I would wear this and go. She was more than happy to do that. I paid the bill and walked out clutching the bag to go meet Arjun who was in a bookshop at the other end of the mall (the mall boasts of having a floor which is 1 km in length. As soon as I entered the bookshop there was a beep and immediately two security guards blocked my way. I thought they had blocked someone else and tried to walk past them from the side. The stopped me and asked me to come to one side. I complied wondering what this was all about. Immediately they started the good cop - bad cop routine asking me "Where did you get the top from?" Comprehension dawned. So I told them that I had just bought it and had worn that only. Nope they weren't buying that so I showed them the bill. They tell me the bill is for the clothes in the bag, not what I was wearing. You see the saleswoman had forgotten to remove the electronic tag from the garment.I somehow persuaded them that I had not flicked the top, stepped outside the shop, called Arjun out and then we went back to the shop from where I had bought it where I proceeded to give the saleswoman a earful of how terribly embarrassed I had been and then she removed the offending tag.
Then Arjun and me go to another store where he had seen some speakers for the house which he wanted me to see. Beep beep. again I get called out and asked to show the bill. The brilliant saleswoman had removed one tag, there was another tag inside which had not been removed. Again I had to run back to the shop and get that offending tag removed. Ughhhhh I was soooooo embarassed.Anyway finally all tags removed. Arjun was sooooooo pissed with me. I got him back to his usual charming cute loving affectionate self again cuz I gifted him a speaker that he had been coveting (All the better for hearing the dishoom dishoom in action movies my dear).

We proceeded for dinner where we had sushi as a starter. This was the first time that I had sushi (Well I love to eat, but I prefer to eat only that which I have eaten earlier. I'm not very adventurous when it comes to food). I tried one piece of the sushi. It wasn't bad but the raw fish bit was sounding very loudly in my head and almsot made me barf. So I stuck to the wasabi and the ginger pickle bit only after that - skipped the sushi.

Back to work today with a break again tomorrow (I love midweek holidays) for Diwali.

Happy Diwali Folks...play safe with the crackers and hog on the mithai. And don't forget the rangoli and the lamps to welcome Lakshmi home.


16 Comments


hmmm... almost got caught....... and you;d have sued them if they'd actually caught you!!


LOL!!!! Not once but twice... hahahaha..

Happy diwali.


An eventful weekend for sure!! Anyways wish u and arjun a very happy diwali. :)


Happy Diwali to you and Arjun :) !.

The beeping happened to me too, but thankfully the thing beeped when i was trying to get out of the store instead of another store, you should have asked her for store credit for all the crap she put you through


Thats not a nice experience. I'd be really pissed off if I was treated like a thief when Im not!

Even when they do regular bag checks in the mall, I get really annoyed. I u'stand that they need to do it but its kinda invading my privacy..my bag's content shouldnt hv to be exposed to someone else.



**You see the saleswoman had forgotten to remove the electronic tag from the garment.

duh! How CARELESS and STUPID is that!


Happy Diwali SMM n Arjun! :)


Keshi.


hullo! i am reading zoya factor too :-)! loonnng post. u were in some mood for rambling as i can see. went house hunting today. hmphhhh! all the places i liked were so expensive.
and u know u shud have given the salesgirl a dressing down. that was real bad customer service and so mortifying.
miss ya! catch ya on g talk.


heh heh..I can only imagine your embarrassment.
Something like this happened to me once--the criminals here were my kids who had decided to pick up all the tags lying on the floor in the shop!! :) Will blog about it sometime.
Anyway--all is well that ends well.
Happy Diwali to both of you.
Cheers
Preeti


Awww...poor you! But it did make an enjoyable read :-)


Arjun: Yup that would have been even more fun :P


J: Don't even ask. I bloody made them do a search to ensure there wouldn't be a hattrick


Ria: Hey Belated Happy Diwali....not had a minute to come online or the past few days. How was your Diwali?


Anu: Happy Diwali to you and K too.

Your right I should have asked the for store credit...they had some really nice stuff :P


Keshi: Happy Diwali :)

Well thankfully for them I was in too good a mood to get pissed off and yell at them but I made sure they got a earful.And also for some funny reason I found the hole thing really amusing and not embarrassing (except for the part where the part where the two guards stopped me)


Utopia: Find a cute guy to share the house rent with :P

Anyway like I said I was in too good a mood to get pissed off but ya I did give her a earful :P


Hey Ps: Happy Diwali

Thankfully for them I was in too good a mood and for some weird reason found the whole situation amusing rather than embarrassing as such, otherwise they would have been in deep trouble


Hey Writerzblock....Welcome to my blog.

Yup it was a little weird at that time but on hindsight it sounds funny. Hope to cya around more often

Copyright © 2009 Title Intentionally Left Bank All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.