8

Bura Na Mano, Holi Haiiiiii

Posted by SMM on 14:39
Rang Barse Bheege Chunar Wali, Rang Barse
Are Kaine Maari Pichkaari Tori Bheegi Angiya
O Rangrasia Rangrasia, Ho
Rang Barse Bheege Chunar Wali, Rang Barse ...

Sone Ki Thaali Main Jona Parosa
Are, Sone Ki Thaali Main Jona Parosa
Haan, Sone Ki Thaali Main Jona Parosa
Are, Khaye Gauri Ka Yaar Balam Tarse Rang Barse
Holi Hai!!!
O, Rang Barse Bheege Chunar Wali, Rang Barse ...

Launga Ilaichi Ka, Are Launga Ilaichi Ka
Launga Ilaichi Ka? Haan
Are Launga Ilaichi Ka Beeda Lagaya
Haan, Launga Ilaichi Ka Beeda Lagaya
Chabe Gauri Ka Yaar, Balam Tarse
Holi Hai!!!
O, Rang Barse Bheege Chunar Wali, Rang Barse ...

Are, Bela Chameli Ka Sez Bhichhaya
Bela Chameli Ka, Sez Bhichhaya
Are, Bela Chameli Ka Sez Bhichhaya
Haan, Bela Chameli Ka Sez Bhichhaya
Soye Gauri Ka Yaar, Balam Tarse
Holi Hai!!!
O, Rang Barse Bheege Chunar Wali, Rang Barse

The one day when were officially allowed to get dirty as kids. Forget us, even the parents used to get all dirty. We used to compete over who took more time to have a bath and whose skin was rubbed the most raw. Forget family bonding over dinner, family bonding while trying to colour one another and throwing water balloons at each other is even more fun. We used to fill up buckets with water balloons the week preceding Holi. When bogged down by exams, we used to throw buckets of water from the balcony.

Tomorrow, we'v invited a bunch of friends over for Holi. Arjun and me are now hunting for pichkaris (which don't cost 500 bucks per piece and a dholak). We'v got the music, gujiyas and bhang in place.

On an aside, I felt a 7 month baby (still inside his/her mommy's tummy) play football. Its awesome to feel the baby move and kick. I thought it would be weird but its just soooooooo awesome. And to watch the baby's mature elder sister (all of three and a half years old) say "My chota baby. Move your hand. Only my chota baby".....awwww.

Anyway happy holi folks. I don't know if I'l be able to post till Monday cuz I'm headed to the Land of Mishti - CALCUTTA - on Friday morning :D. I'v been terrorising the office folks that I'm going to be giving them hourly updates of what I have eaten and they'v treatened to lynch me if I don't get back some mishti for them :P

8 Comments


Happy holi to you SMM.and enjoy Kolkata.Although except for enjoying the misthi you would have to intake loadsa pollution too. :D


oooh..am getting sooo nostalgic today...its been ages since i played holi!!
remembering the childhood days when mom used to be aghast looking at our black faces!


have fun sup! :-) happy holi to u and arjun! eat lots and lots of yummy bong food besides the mishti. i don't like mishti too much ;-)!


hey thts like the perfect song for Holi!! :) And do lemme know abt all the fun tht u hav today. :P Happy Holi!


can i please also get some mishtii?

and u know wha ... i've never felt a baby in womb. hmm i t must be a mystical feeling.

quit waking up my maternity tho, u smm. :p

happy holi, darlin.


Owww...I want sandesh...please...please!!! Nice post, btw. Really liked the depth and simplicity alike. Evoked memories of the time I played Holi at college and unwittingly got about 10 eggs broken on my head. Yuck!!


Hey guys...sorry for the late reply. Belated Happy Holi to you all. Had a wonderful time in Cal. Down with a stupid cold though now thanks to all the holi masti :D


Hey, belated Happy Holi!

I documented JNU Holi as I played Holi after more than a decade. Heard of JNU Holi?! Mind-blowing!

http://jnuholi.wordpress.com

Copyright © 2009 Title Intentionally Left Bank All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.